Individual and Couples Journeys
$135 for 60 minute session.
$200 for 90 minute session.
$260 for 120 minute session.
$160 per hour for assessments, testing, or report writing, plus any applicable test scoring fees.
$260 per hour for legal matters, such as depositions, court (two hour minimum)
Fees are payable in full at the time of the session by check, credit or debit card (American
Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa). To ensure your full session time,
I ask that you pay at the start of each session. I need 24 hours notice if you have to miss
your appointment or you will be charged for the appointment.
In-Network: If you have health insurance that covers mental health benefits, you may be able
to use this to pay for our work together. The insurance or managed care plans I currently
- AMHN (American Mental Health Network)
- Beacon Health Options/Beacon Health Strategies
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (out-of-state Blue Card only; need ID to check if in- or out-of-network)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Blue Shield of California
- GEHA (Government Employees Health Association)
- Health Net (when MHN manages mental health benefits)
- HMC Healthworks
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- MHN (Managed Health Network, a Health Net company)
- Optum (United Behavioral Health/UnitedHealthcare)
- Oxford (UnitedHealthcare)
- PHCS (Private Healthcare Systems)
- UnitedHealthcare/United Behavioral Health
- ValueOptions (now Beacon Health Options)
- Worker's Compensation (most plans)
If I am an "in-network" provider within the specific plan you have with your insurance company,
I will submit appropriate paperwork for reimbursement for your sessions. You are only
responsible for co-payments and deductibles. Before attending your first session, contact your
insurance company to understand your benefits. You can typically find the phone number on
your insurance card. Use this checklist* during your call. I reserve the right to suggest a private
pay agreement instead of insurance reimbursement if your insurance company’s terms require
excessive amounts of my time for obtaining pre-certifications or filling out paperwork. For more
information about using insurance for mental health care, use this link.
Out-of-Network: If I am not on your insurance panel, you may get reimbursed for a portion
of your fees if your plan allows you to see "out-of-network" psychologists. To find out whether
and how much you will be reimbursed, simply contact your insurance company before you
attend your first session. Use this checklist* during your call. If requested, I'll provide you with a
monthly statement of sessions and payments that you may use for insurance or tax purposes.
Since I do a lot of volunteer work in my community, I tend not to take a lot of sliding-scale or
low-fee clients. However, I do retain some space in my schedule for people that need a lower
fee. This is especially true when I feel there is a very good match between me and the person
in question. Please contact me at 760.354.9140 to determine whether this is appropriate for
*This website contains PDF documents
that require the Adobe Reader to view.
To download click on the icon below.
Ph: 760.354.9140 ■ 3150 El Camino Real, Suite C, Carlsbad, California 92008 ■ Contact Dr. Dan