The rewards of the Hero's Journey described in this website are many. Here are just a few:
- Greater awareness and acceptance of the present moment and life as it is.
- A feeling of knowing oneself more fully. A more solid, yet flexible sense of yourself and
the ability to change through experience.
- Openness to new experiences in life. Much less fear of new things and the future.
- Little or no regret about the past. Acceptance of what has been and optimism about
- Lack of defensiveness and more openness to feedback.
- Better ability to make decisions about feedback you receive, then make realistic
changes or choose not to change.
- Less need to blame others or to deny negative experiences.
- The ability to trust your experiences and form values based on those experiences.
- Feelings of unconditional self-regard, self-love, and self-compassion.
- Living in greater harmony with other people, even those who used to irritate you.
Am I living in a way which is deeply satisfying
to me, and which truly expresses me?
~ Carl Rogers
Ph: 760.354.9140 ■ 3150 El Camino Real, Suite C, Carlsbad, California 92008 ■ Contact Dr. Dan